Recycling one ton of steel:
- Saves 642 kWh of energy
- Saves 1.8 barrels (76 gallons) of oil
- Saves 10.9 million Btu’s of energy
- Saves 4 cubic yards of landfill space
Steel Recycling Tips:
- Prepare steel cans for recycling by rinsing them with water to remove any food residue.
- To save space, remove both ends of the steel can and crush flat.
- Labels on the steel cans do not have to be removed since they are burned off during the melting process.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 21, 2016