Side effects of ginger: Ginger belongs to turmeric family and has gingerol that gives unique flavor to this medicinal root herb. If consumed in excess it can cause,
- Diarrhea: Larger quantity it accelerates food passage and can cause diarrhea
- Bleeding: In women during menstrual cycle one can suffer from excessive bleeding after consuming ginger. It also has blood thinning property and should not be taken with other blood thinning herbs too.
- Blood pressure: Ginger is good for lowering blood pressure, however it can intervene with blood pressure medication and can cause severe damage.
- Stomach problem: It can cause digestive gas and bloating.
- Lower blood sugar level: Along with diabetic medicine ginger can bring down sugar level to too low causing hypoglycemia.
- Heart Conditions: People who take blood pressure medicine might experience lowering in blood pressure and irregular heart beat when ginger is consumed in excess.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 20, 2020