Papaya juice acts as a very effective detoxifying diet juice. One can have just papaya juice which is very easy to make. Remove papaya skin, remove seeds and cut papaya into small pieces. Put in a juicer with little water and grind. Many people like to have papaya with some other fruits. Best combination of fruits with papaya to make an effective juice is oranges, pineapples or lemons.
- 1 small ripe papaya
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cups (or 500 ml) orange juice
- Water for consistency
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Wash the papaya thoroughly, peel the skin and remove seeds.
- Cut a thin slice of papaya into tiny cubes and put them aside for later use.
- Cut rest of the papaya and blend with, orange and lime juice, add turmeric powder to form a smooth liquid. Add little water to get thin liquid.
- Place the juice in the fridge, for at least half an hour.
- Serve the juice chilled, topped with the papaya cubes that were saved earlier.
Papaya juice is not good for pregnant women and for very sick people. Caution should be taken not to offer to pregnant women.
Image credit: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/38632509282077904/
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 15, 2016