Pineapples are one of the most loved fruit in the world.
Tropical pictures always will have pineapple representing the weather condition to make a place more attractive.
Back in 1700s pineapples used be very expensive and American colonists would rent a pineapple and carry it around a party to show their wealth!
Did you know these facts about pineapple?
- Pineapple is one of the beautiful fruit plant in the world. It has spikes and thorns and outer structure of the fruit resembles pine cone, hence Europeans called them “pineapples”.
- Pineapple is a bunch of fruitlets and is a berry. Young, baby fruit has amazing texture and pretty.
- Flowers of pineapple is very pretty and plants can be grown as ornamental plant. Purple and pink combination makes it very attractive.
- Eating pineapple with salt makes it to taste much sweeter. It reduces the sourness and bitterness of the fruit.
- Once harvested growth of pineapple stops or it stops ripening. Only the color of fruit outside might change.
- The sweetest part of pineapple is its outermost flesh that is close to the skin.
- Color of pineapple varies depending on the location of its growth. A green pineapple can be as sweet and as delicious as yellow pineapple.
- Bromelain is the compound that is present in pineapple and it is also rich in Vitamin C.
Image credit; https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ (Tropical delight pineapple powder)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 4, 2018