It is pumpkin harvest season, which means it is time to enjoy delicious pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin is nutritious with Vitamin C, A, lutein and zeaxanthin. It is good for eye sight. It helps to fight chronic conditions by boosting immune system. Pumpkin is also suggested for weight loss diets as it is low in calorie.
Pumpkin dosa tastes delicious just like jackfruit dosa or masala dosa.
- Ripened pumpkin –1 – 1.5 cup – grated
- Rice – 2 cups
- Urad daal- ½ cup
- Jaggery powder – 1 Tbsp
- Grated coconut – about ½ cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Wash and soak rice and urad daal for 4 hours.
- Wash and remove pumpkin pulp and grate.
- Grind rice, Urad daal, grated pumpkin and jaggery together. Add salt and mix well. Transfer batter to a vessel and keep it for fermentation.
- After good fermentation, use fermented batter to prepare dosa for breakfast
- Place an iron skillet or tava on medium heat and sprinkle little oil evenly on tava.
- Once the tava heated, pour a ladle of dosa batter and spread it evenly in circular motion.
- Apply oil or ghee and cover it using a lid.
- After couple of minutes remove the lid and turn the dosa to cook other side. If needed apply little oil. Let dosa turn yellow to golden brown in color.
- Remove pumpkin dosa and serve hot with ghee and coconut chutney.
Charles Haynes / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 6, 2020