With gaining popularity, people are trying to find different ways to consume this wonderful fruit. Previously we have provided few recipes using jackfruit as main ingredients.
Today we are presenting another delicious recipe jackfruit dosa which is a traditional rainy season breakfast item of Southern parts of India. Recipe is simple and the outcome is delicious!
Jackfruit contains various nutrients – Digestive fiber, magnesium, vitamin B6, antioxidants, vitamin C, calcium and of course carbohydrates and protein too!
With all these goodies it is a power packed fruit that boosts immune system.
Recipe for Jackfruit dosa
- Ripened Jackfruit edible flesh – 25
- Rice – 1 cup
- Jaggery powder – ¾ cup
- Grated coconut – about ½ cup
- Cardamom – 2 or 3
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil or ghee
- Soak rice for about 2 hours.
- Remove seeds from edible flesh of jackfruit.
- Drain water from soaked rice.
- Grind rice, jackfruit, salt, cardamom and jaggery into dosa batter consistency.
- Transfer to a vessel and keep it aside for couple of hours.
- Place an iron skillet or tava on medium heat and sprinkle little oil evenly on tava.
- Once the tava heated, pour a ladle of dosa batter and spread it evenly in circular motion.
- Apply oil or ghee and cover it using a lid.
- After couple of minutes remove lid and turn the dosa to cook other side. If needed apply little oil. Let dosa turn yellow to golden brown in color.
- Remove dosa and serve hot with butter and coconut chutney.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 30, 2018