Green peas belong to bean family and are packed with several good nutrients. It is good source of vitamin K, protein, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin B1, copper, vitamin C, phosphorus, and folate. Green peas became popular in 16th century and Canada ranks high in green peas production. Some of the health benefits of green peas for humans:
- Good for weight management
- Mexican research says that peas consumption can prevent stomach cancer
- Anti-aging, strong immune system and high energy:
- Peas can prevent wrinkles, alzheimer’s, arthritis, bronchitis, osteoporosis and candida – the presence of pisumsaponins and pisomosides helps in regulating inflammation.
- Good source to reduce blood sugar
- Good source of protein and helps in reducing risk of heart conditions
- Good for bones and it also reduces bad cholesterol
Green peas bullet is a simple and slightly spicy delicacy one can have as a snack item with coffee and tea (Healthylife.werindia.com)
Try this simple recipe -
- Green peas 1 cup
- Green chillies 3-4
- Curry leaves 1-2 strands
- Ginger 1” piece
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the green peas in water for 5-6 hrs.
- Drain the soaked green peas and grind coarsely with green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and salt without adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan and make balls from the dough and deep fry them till golden brown in low to medium heat. Remove from heat and place it on paper towel.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sauce.
Image and recipe by: Mamatha Anil @ http://bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com/
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: July 6, 2016