We often use plants for medicinal purposes. Almost all home remedies are derived from plants. Our dependency on plants are increasing with awareness about side effects of modern medicines. How and why plants exhibit medicinal values?
The curry tree is a tropical to sub-tropical tree in the family Rutaceae (the rue family, which includes rue, citrus, and satinwood), which is native to India and Sri Lanka.
The ancient Neem tree of Asia has been the source of natural medicinal extracts for thousands of years.
Peppermint has a wide variety of health and medicinal uses. It is used to help treat the common cold, to calm inflammations and to soothe digestive problems.
The medicinal functions of Rosaceae are partly attributed to their abundance of phenolics compound.
Know about WeRIndia
- Age is no barrier to successful weight loss
- Are high-protein total diet replacements the key to maintaining healthy weight?
- Mediterranean diet helps reduce effects of stress in animal model
- Dieting and weight worries on rise in teens
- Go (over) easy on the eggs: 'Egg-cess' consumption linked to diabetes
- Gut check: Teff grain boosts stomach microbiome health