We often use plants for medicinal purposes. Almost all home remedies are derived from plants. Our dependency on plants are increasing with awareness about side effects of modern medicines. How and why plants exhibit medicinal values?
The curry tree is a tropical to sub-tropical tree in the family Rutaceae (the rue family, which includes rue, citrus, and satinwood), which is native to India and Sri Lanka.
The ancient Neem tree of Asia has been the source of natural medicinal extracts for thousands of years.
Peppermint has a wide variety of health and medicinal uses. It is used to help treat the common cold, to calm inflammations and to soothe digestive problems.
The medicinal functions of Rosaceae are partly attributed to their abundance of phenolics compound.
Know about WeRIndia
- Higher levels of omega-3 acids in the blood increases life expectancy by almost five years
- RNA modification may protect against liver disease
- Championing chrononutrition with protein, the morning elixir for muscle growth
- Food’s Connection to Anxiety
- Researcher creates cell lines to help treat mitochondrial diseases in children
- Ultra-processed food linked to higher risk of IBD