We often use plants for medicinal purposes. Almost all home remedies are derived from plants. Our dependency on plants are increasing with awareness about side effects of modern medicines. How and why plants exhibit medicinal values?
The curry tree is a tropical to sub-tropical tree in the family Rutaceae (the rue family, which includes rue, citrus, and satinwood), which is native to India and Sri Lanka.
The ancient Neem tree of Asia has been the source of natural medicinal extracts for thousands of years.
Peppermint has a wide variety of health and medicinal uses. It is used to help treat the common cold, to calm inflammations and to soothe digestive problems.
The medicinal functions of Rosaceae are partly attributed to their abundance of phenolics compound.
Know about WeRIndia
- Novel sugar detector system in the human mouth has implications for designing tastier, healthier beverages and foods
- New study calls for mitigation, monitoring of common grease-proofing food packaging chemicals
- Proof in produce: Voucher program may help diabetes patients manage their health
- Fasting is required to see the full benefit of calorie restriction in mice
- Filling half of kids' plates with fruits and veggies helps increase consumption
- Chronic Pain