Just like fruits, jackfruit’s seeds are edible and are nutritious. When boiled these seeds taste like boiled potatoes. It is rich in iron, contains Vitamin A, rich in protein. Seeds are useful in skin rejuvenation, hair growth, for anemia, to build strength and is aphrodisiac too! During season, seeds can be collected, dried and stored for non-seasonal uses.
Know about WeRIndia
- Weights can be weapons in battle against obesity
- Microbes help orchestrate how the gut uses its genes
- A single hormone directs body's responses to low-protein diet
- Bacteria with recording function capture gut health status
- People choose healthier food when with outsiders for fear of being negatively judged
- From cavefish to humans: Evolution of metabolism in cavefish may provide insight into treatments for a host of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke