As per WHO (World Health Organization) a healthy diet helps protect against malnutrition in all its forms, as well as noncommunicable diseases (NCDs), including diabetes, heart disease, stroke and cancer.
Tag: processed foods
Trans-fat may occur naturally in certain meat and milk products, but the industrially produced trans-fat (e.g. partially hydrogenated oils) present in various processed foods is the main source.
Eating a variety of whole (i.e. unprocessed) and fresh foods every day helps children and adults to obtain the right amounts of essential nutrients.
The first domestic use of soybean is traced to the eastern half of North China in 11th BC, or perhaps a little earlier.
Eating processed meat can cause bowel cancer in humans while red meat is a likely cause of the disease.
“Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.” – Karen Sessions
What is processed food anyway? If it’s boxed, bagged, canned or jarred and has a list of ingredients on the label, it’s processed.
Know about WeRIndia
- Causes and treatment of vaginal cuts
- What to expect during IUD insertion
- Menstrual cups: Everything you need to know
- Why you love coffee and beer
- Children and teens who drink low-calorie sweetened beverages do not save calories
- Walnuts may help lower blood pressure for those at risk of heart disease