In 2015, honey bee populations in the state of Maryland declined by 61%, according to the USDA.
Forty-five different pesticides are regularly applied to succulent, delicious peaches and nectarines in conventional orchards.
Haldiram’s top list of rejected items :The move comes as global food corporation Nestlé has been subjected to a nationwide ban in India of its Maggi noodles that have allegedly tested for high levels of lead.
Carrots are lower risk than other types of produce, but you should still buy organic.
Pesticide risk for green beans hasn’t fallen for 20 years even though progress has been made for other produce.
Conventional sweet bell peppers, domestic and imported, fall into our high and very high risk categories.
A good alternative if you can’t get organic — canned peaches.
Apples topped this year’s list of fruits and vegetables most contaminated with pesticides. If you’re concerned about pesticides, consider buying organic apples.
Know about WeRIndia
- Dietary cocoa improves health of obese mice; likely has implications for humans
- How we can reduce food waste and promote healthy eating
- A mother's fat intake can impact infant infectious disease outcomes
- Pain receptors linked to the generation of energy-burning brown fat cells
- Why some of us are hungry all the time
- COVID-19 pandemic has been linked with six unhealthy eating behaviors