In 2015, honey bee populations in the state of Maryland declined by 61%, according to the USDA.
Forty-five different pesticides are regularly applied to succulent, delicious peaches and nectarines in conventional orchards.
Haldiram’s top list of rejected items :The move comes as global food corporation Nestlé has been subjected to a nationwide ban in India of its Maggi noodles that have allegedly tested for high levels of lead.
Carrots are lower risk than other types of produce, but you should still buy organic.
Pesticide risk for green beans hasn’t fallen for 20 years even though progress has been made for other produce.
Conventional sweet bell peppers, domestic and imported, fall into our high and very high risk categories.
A good alternative if you can’t get organic — canned peaches.
Apples topped this year’s list of fruits and vegetables most contaminated with pesticides. If you’re concerned about pesticides, consider buying organic apples.
Know about WeRIndia
- Higher levels of omega-3 acids in the blood increases life expectancy by almost five years
- RNA modification may protect against liver disease
- Championing chrononutrition with protein, the morning elixir for muscle growth
- Food’s Connection to Anxiety
- Researcher creates cell lines to help treat mitochondrial diseases in children
- Ultra-processed food linked to higher risk of IBD