Food borne pathogens can be fatal. One of the most common food contaminating pathogens is Listeria monocytogenes. Every year this food infecting pathogen causes death of hundreds of people. The infection is most likely to sicken pregnant women and the newborns as well as the older adults with weakened immune system. The infection caused by Listeria is known as Listeriosis that could be life threatening.
Know about WeRIndia
- Wake up and smell the burning rubbish? Secrets of disordered smell found
- How eating eggs can boost heart health
- Drug that lowers blood sugar also reduces blood vessel dysfunction caused by aging
- Desire for son in Nepal may impact on girls' health and wellbeing -- new study
- Taste buds can adapt to low salt diet
- Alcohol may be more risky to the heart than previously thought