Finger millet popularly known as ragi is gaining popularity globally because of its adaptability as well as rich nutrients. It is used in Southeast Asia and Africa for centuries. Ragi flour can be used to make varieties of dishes. Traditional finger millet ball is popular dish in Southern region of India. Ragi bread, buiscuits, dry papadams, rotti, bread, ragi malt drink and cereal are some of the ragi based food products. Ragi idli is breakfast item which is health and low in calories.
Know about WeRIndia
- Protein supplement helps control Type 2 diabetes
- Wake up and smell the burning rubbish? Secrets of disordered smell found
- How eating eggs can boost heart health
- Drug that lowers blood sugar also reduces blood vessel dysfunction caused by aging
- Desire for son in Nepal may impact on girls' health and wellbeing -- new study
- Taste buds can adapt to low salt diet