Ergot alkaloids are large group of toxin compounds produced by certain fungi belonging to the genus Claviceps and its close relatives of fungi -Strains of C. purpurea, C. paspali and C. fusiformis.
Know about WeRIndia
- Weights can be weapons in battle against obesity
- Microbes help orchestrate how the gut uses its genes
- A single hormone directs body's responses to low-protein diet
- Bacteria with recording function capture gut health status
- People choose healthier food when with outsiders for fear of being negatively judged
- From cavefish to humans: Evolution of metabolism in cavefish may provide insight into treatments for a host of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke