Kids often stain their clothes while eating, playing at home or at school. Sometimes they wipe hands on their dress to get rid of stains from little hands. Some stains are hard to remove using regular detergents. Some easy methods to remove different types of stain from your kids clothes are explained.
To remove chewing Gum:
- Use blow dryer to heat chewing gum stuck on cloth surface and scrape gum using a blunt knife that does not damage fabric
- Dip the gum portion of fabric in vinegar for few minutes and scrub the gum using a brush
- For few minutes place ice cubes on gum and scrape using blunt knife
- Apply little amount of toothpaste on chewing gum, leave it for couple of minutes and using brush scrub both gum and paste
- Place cardboard on ironing board, place chewing gum stained fabric on cardboard facing down on ironing board. Apply medium heat, once gum softens remove or peel the gum away from cardboard
To remove rust:
- To start with, remove excess rust using a brush. Then dilute rust stain rinsing under cold water with pressure. Soak cloth in a solution of baking soda and cold water for about 30 mins. Wash the fabric using detergent.
To remove grease from clothes:
- Apply white chalk on the grease mark, leave it overnight. Next day wash clothes using detergent.
- Use dish soap, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide in 1:1:1 ratio and soak greased cloth in it for few hours, followed by a wash using detergent.,
- If the stain does not look tough, then scrub stain and wash using proper detergent and warm water.
To remove blood stain:
- For fresh blood, pour hydrogen peroxide on the blood stain followed by rinsing and washing in cold water
- For dry blood, use Pinesol or Hydrogen peroxide soaking method. Treat stain by soaking in one of these solutions for few minutes and then wash using cold water.
- Rinse fresh blood in cold water thoroughly and wash using detergent.
To remove ink stain:
- Soak cloth overnight in cold water containing detergent. Then wash the clothes
- For tough ink stain, dab with nail varnish remover and wash using detergent.
To remove poop stain:
- Wipe excess poop using baby wipe, rinse and scrub using detergent. Wash cloth and put it for drying under sun light
- Scrape excess poop using dish soap and scrub the stain using a soft brush followed by a wash using regular detergent
To remove grass stain:
- Using baking soda and few drops of hydrogen peroxide helps to remove grass stain from clothes. Soak, stained fabric portion in this solution for half an hour and wash using cold water to scrub the stain and use detergent to wash.
To remove turmeric stain:
- Prepare baking soda paste using water and apply it on the turmeric stain. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes then, gently scrub in circular motion.
- You can try vinegar or lemon juice to remove turmeric stain. Mix vinegar or lemon juice with dishwashing liquid in a bowl. Soak stained fabric area in the mix for half an hour. Use cold water to rinse and wash using detergent.
- For kids bleach solution is not good as it could cause allergies or sickness – do not use bleach solution to remove turmeric or any stains from clothes.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 7, 2022