Tamarind is a very large tree with heavy drooping branches and green foliage. It is indigenous to South Africa but grows extensively in India.
Puliyogare is famous dish made of tamarind, jaggery and spices. It is a delicacy of South Indian states -Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Tamil nadu & Kerala.
In saambar vegetables, lentils and spices are cooked in tamarind water along with turmeric.
Know about WeRIndia
- Experts urge evaluation of diet at routine check-ups
- REM sleep tunes eating behavior
- Children's pester power a future target for interventions
- Vitamin D twice a day may keep vertigo away
- Body weight has surprising, alarming impact on brain function
- Scientists discover the switch that makes human brown fat burn energy