To tell a produce is organic, 95% or more of the product must have been grown or processed without any chemical fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.
Tag: misleading food label
All natural is another attraction for consumers to buy the food product. The natural food labels offer less clear meaning and could be misleading to consumers.
Multigrain is another attractive term for consumers. Multigrain means use of more than one type of grain in the product. Multigrain bread will have wheat, caraway, rye etc.
Some terms on food packages like free, very low, low, fortified, enriched, extra, no trans fat can appear to be healthy choices. Before buying such foods understand what exactly these words mean.
Know about WeRIndia
- High-sugar diet can damage the gut, intensifying risk for colitis
- Black soldier fly larvae as protein alternative for hungry humans
- Artificially sweetened drinks may not be heart healthier than sugary drinks
- Kid influencers are promoting junk food brands on YouTube -- garnering more than a billion views
- The Gluten Connection to Osteoporosis and Autoimmune Diseases
- Researchers discover molecular link between diet and risk of colorectal cancer