Autoimmune diseases are gender biased too! Compared to men number of women who are likely to be affected by autoimmune disease are more.
Tag: Diseases in women
Systemic lupus erythematosus is the most common type of lupus. It causes widespread inflammation and tissue damage in the affected organs.
Multiple sclerosis is another auto immune disease that impacts the brain and spinal cord which make up the central nervous system and controls everything that we do.
Thyroid hormones produced in thyroid glands control many of our activities in body, including how fast our heart beats or how fast one can burn calories.
Another chronic autoimmune neuromuscular condition where the muscles get weaker causing severe fatigue. Myasthenia gravis is a Latin word means “grave muscle weakness”.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic inflammatory disease that mostly affects joints and lost long.
Know about WeRIndia
- Weights can be weapons in battle against obesity
- Microbes help orchestrate how the gut uses its genes
- A single hormone directs body's responses to low-protein diet
- Bacteria with recording function capture gut health status
- People choose healthier food when with outsiders for fear of being negatively judged
- From cavefish to humans: Evolution of metabolism in cavefish may provide insight into treatments for a host of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke