In recent years the three illnesses are spreading throughout the world. Dengue, Chikungunya and Zika – all are due to viruses transmitted by mosquitoes.
The one group to be concerned about are pregnant women who may transmit chikungunya to their infant if they become infected just before giving birth, this has caused a small number of deaths in infected neonates.
Many major cities in India are recorded with highest numbers of chikungunya cases. This disease is spreading throughout the world!
Know about WeRIndia
- 'Blue food revolution' to tackle climate change and malnutrition
- Pilot study of diet/exercise in young adults with intellectual disabilities is promising
- New findings on ambient UVB radiation, vitamin D, and protection against severe COVID-19
- Changes to workplace cafeteria menus nudge workers to consume fewer calories
- Gut microbiota influences the ability to lose weight
- Scientists claim that overeating is not the primary cause of obesity