Finger millet popularly known as ragi is gaining popularity globally because of its adaptability as well as rich nutrients. It is used in Southeast Asia and Africa for centuries. Ragi flour can be used to make varieties of dishes. Traditional finger millet ball is popular dish in Southern region of India. Ragi bread, buiscuits, dry papadams, rotti, bread, ragi malt drink and cereal are some of the ragi based food products. Ragi idli is breakfast item which is health and low in calories.
Know about WeRIndia
- Sleep added to cardiovascular health checklist
- Only 1 in 5 people in the U.S. has optimal heart health
- No more binge eating: Signal pathway in the brain that controls food intake discovered
- Higher protein intake while dieting leads to healthier eating
- Microbial link between Western-style diet and incidence of colorectal cancer uncovered
- Why many cancer cells need to import fat