Community immunity also known as herd immunity occurs when the community population becomes immune to a disease. Herd immunity happens either by vaccination or due to the increase in the percentage of immune people. With increase in immune people the likelihood of disease spread decreases.
Tag: Pandemic disease
Everywhere in the world people are hoarding. Why? Because people are panicking about pandemic disease. People are thinking COVID-19 disease can go on for many weeks and months and we might end up starving and not having enough items to survive!
Social, medical and political are three aspects that are intimately intertwined with disease outbreaks. We are seeing and witnessing social media impact, political response and medical aspects of the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Ensuring effective community engagement :Following three elements are needed for communities and for field responders.
Know about WeRIndia
- Pain receptors linked to the generation of energy-burning brown fat cells
- Why some of us are hungry all the time
- COVID-19 pandemic has been linked with six unhealthy eating behaviors
- Prehistoric Pacific Coast diets had salmon limits
- Nutrition & Mental Health
- Metabolic changes in fat tissue in obesity associated with adverse health effects