Food manufacturers claims on food packages and labels can be misleading for consumers. Both claim and use of words on the food products might attract consumers to believe that food is good for their health and to buy the product.
Tag: Low sodium
Some terms on food packages like free, very low, low, fortified, enriched, extra, no trans fat can appear to be healthy choices. Before buying such foods understand what exactly these words mean.
Know about WeRIndia
- Sleep added to cardiovascular health checklist
- Only 1 in 5 people in the U.S. has optimal heart health
- No more binge eating: Signal pathway in the brain that controls food intake discovered
- Higher protein intake while dieting leads to healthier eating
- Microbial link between Western-style diet and incidence of colorectal cancer uncovered
- Why many cancer cells need to import fat