Food manufacturers claims on food packages and labels can be misleading for consumers. Both claim and use of words on the food products might attract consumers to believe that food is good for their health and to buy the product.
Back to homepage
Tag: Low sodium
Some terms on food packages like free, very low, low, fortified, enriched, extra, no trans fat can appear to be healthy choices. Before buying such foods understand what exactly these words mean.
Know about WeRIndia
- Artificially sweetened drinks may not be heart healthier than sugary drinks
- Kid influencers are promoting junk food brands on YouTube -- garnering more than a billion views
- The Gluten Connection to Osteoporosis and Autoimmune Diseases
- Researchers discover molecular link between diet and risk of colorectal cancer
- Bacterial metabolism of dietary soy may lower risk factor for dementia
- Obesity and disease tied to dramatic dietary changes