Tooth decay is destruction of tooth enamel. It happens when the bacteria produce acids and attack tooth enamel, which is a protective outer layer of tooth. Foods and drinks (in the form beverages) we consume has a direct impact on the incidence and progression of tooth decay.
Type of food and food habits have negative impact on tooth health, that could lead to decay. Following food habits has impact on tooth health
- Form of food – liquid or solid, sticky or slow to melt or dissolve makes a difference.
- How often we take sugary beverages and foods, drink acidic liquids
- The nutrients present in the food and nutritional makeup of the food
- Combination of food that we eat
- Medical conditions such as acidic reflux, eating disorder, heredity – have influence on tooth decay.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 13, 2019