Good posture helps us keep away from body pain. It also helps us to walk, sit, stand and lie on floor in positions that causes less strain on supporting ligaments and muscles during weight bearing activities as wells as movement.
According to American Chiropractic association:
- Good posture helps us to keep bones and joins in correct alignment so that muscles are used correctly, decreases abnormal wearing of joint surfaces and that could result in joint pain and degenerative arthritis
- It reduces stress on ligaments that holds spinal joint and skeleton together
- Helps to work muscles more efficiently thus reduces muscle fatigue
- Reduces muscle strain, back pain, overuse disorders.
- Bad postures can impede healthy breathing, slumping results in pain, slouching causes improper digestion and sleepless nights.
Practicing yoga and Pilates gives us adequate muscle flexibility and strength overtime, it also normal joint motion in the spine and other body parts and postural muscles that are balanced on both sides of spine.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 1, 2019