Both preschool children and young adults need physical activities throughout the day and it should include varieties of activities.
Key Guidelines for Preschool-Aged Children
• Preschool-aged children (ages 3 through 5 years) should be physically active throughout the day to enhance growth and development.
• Adult caregivers of preschool-aged children should encourage active play that includes a variety of activity types.
Key Guidelines for Children and Adolescents
• It is important to provide young people opportunities and encouragement to participate in physical activities that are appropriate for their age, that are enjoyable, and that offer variety.
• Children and adolescents ages 6 through 17 years should do 60 minutes (1 hour) or more of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity daily:
• Aerobic: Most of the 60 minutes or more per day should be either moderate- or vigorous intensity aerobic physical activity and should include vigorous-intensity physical activity on at least 3 days a week.
• Muscle-strengthening: As part of their 60 minutes or more of daily physical activity, children and adolescents should include muscle-strengthening physical activity on at least 3 days a week.
• Bone-strengthening: As part of their 60 minutes or more of daily physical activity, children and adolescents should include bone-strengthening physical activity on at least 3 days a week
Read main article: https://healthylife.werindia.com/your-road-to-healthy-life/physical-activity-guidelines-for-year-2020
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 6, 2020