Accumulating and carrying belly fat can lead to damage in our body. It increases risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Accumulating belly fat is easy but getting rid of this fat is difficult and it is a stubborn fat. What causes belly fat and how we can remove belly fat?
Reasons for belly fat:
- Continuous sitting for more than 6 hours every day, accelerates belly fat.
- Too much of stress in the system results in belly fat. Sometimes the belly fat is directly proportional to stress.
- Excess eating of snacks, fat, carbohydrates and improper diet increases belly fat.
- Sedentary life increases belly fat.
- Refined sugar intake in any forms floods liver with more carbs and accumulates fat.
Pear-shaped people store more fat in the hips and butt while apple shaped people will always thicken in the waist first. Where we put fat on first during weight gain, is where we lose it last. Apple-shaped people are at higher risk for metabolic syndrome which puts them in a pre-diabetic state.
How to start reducing the belly fat?
1. Control on eating: It is good to cut down on the portion size to accelerate belly fat burning. It takes a 500- to 1,000-calorie deficit to lose 1 to 2 pounds of fat per week.
2. Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet.
3. Add cardio and yoga type exercises in your daily routine and make it a habit.
4. Start a light jogging or 30 minutes brisk walk daily.
5. Drink green tea that is rich with antioxidants to fight the fat.
6. Instead sitting and working for longer hours, get up and walk around and flex the muscles.
7. Carbohydrates restriction is a very effective way to lose fat. Studies show that when people cut carbs, their appetite goes down and they lose weight.
Next few slides explain few good home workouts and office workouts to reduce the belly fat.
Images: Google images