Key Guidelines for Safe Physical Activity
To do physical activity safely and reduce risk of injuries and other adverse events, people should:
• Understand the risks, yet be confident that physical activity can be safe for almost everyone.
• Choose types of physical activity that are appropriate for their current fitness level and health goals, because some activities are safer than others.
• Increase physical activity gradually over time to meet key guidelines or health goals. Inactive people should “start low and go slow” by starting with lower intensity activities and gradually increasing how often and how long activities are done.
• Protect themselves by using appropriate gear and sports equipment, choosing safe environments, following rules and policies, and making sensible choices about when, where, and how to be active.
• Be under the care of a health care provider if they have chronic conditions or symptoms. People with chronic conditions and symptoms can consult a health care professional or physical activity specialist about the types and amounts of activity appropriate for them.
Read main article: https://healthylife.werindia.com/your-road-to-healthy-life/physical-activity-guidelines-for-year-2020
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 6, 2020