Remember – airplane is not kitchen and you will not get what you want. You get choice to pick up type food ahead. But you won’t get the items what you want. Airlines needs to serve thousands of passengers with various types of food. If food is not proper it can cause constipation and stomach problem that leads to infection and indigestion. Sitting longer hours without bowel movement is another problem with air travel. Airline foods are prepared by specialist at airline catering services and quality tested. However, we may face problem when we consume this food.
Tips to avoid stomach problem:
- Packing your own healthy food is the best for air travel. Don’t carry items that are forbidden. Like don’t carry any liquids or yogurt box.
- Request for a vegetarian meal.
- Always ask for Asian Vegetarian food. To be much safer ask for Jain food.
- Eating non-vegetarian food can cause problem – watch for infection and smell.
- Once you receive the tray – inspect the food & make sure it is not spoiled or you are getting what your requested for.
- Salad should be fresh, if not smell it first and confirm.
- Rolls and butter combination is generally good in flight.
- Drink plenty of water and juice.
- Use wet towel to clean toilet seat before using it. Use toilet seat cover to sit. Wash your hands thoroughly & clean the sink before you leave lavatory.
- Brush your teeth and use mouth freshener if you are traveling long distance.