1. Banana peel contains lutein – an antioxidant that helps in eye function.
2. It also contains tryptophan in more quantity than the inside pulp. This amino acid helps in increasing serotonin level that in turn brings down depression.
3. Dried banana skin tea is good for digestion and weight reduction!
4. Teeth whitener – rub the inside of the banana peel along your teeth for up to one minute for optimal results
5. Warts – rub or tie the peel over the wart overnight
6. Pimples – rub pimples gently with a banana peel five minutes daily and watch them vanish. It could take up to a week.
7. Pain relievers – apply banana peel on painful area – or combine with vegetable oil. Leave on until pain is gone
8. Red, itchy skin – apply banana peel to affected area to reduce itchiness
9. Bug bites – apply banana peel to relieve bug bites. Rub on poison ivy to stop itching and subdue inflammation. Reapply as necessary
10. UV protection – place banana peel over the eyes to protect from UV rays and banana peel paste along with sandalwood powder is a good facial mask!
11. Digestion – like the banana itself, their peel provides fiber, which is essential for healthy digestion.
12. Peel also can be used to clean and shine the shoe
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 5, 2017