- Your heart beats 101,000 times a day. During your lifetime it will beat about three billion times and pump about 800 million pints of blood or about one million barrels -that’s enough to fill more than 3 super tankers.
- Blood takes about 20 seconds to circulate throughout the entire vascular system.
- The adult heart pumps about five quarts of blood each minute – approximately 2,000 gallons of blood each day – throughout the body.
- A typical athlete’s heart churns out up to eight gallons of blood per minute.
- Hold out your hand and make a fist. If you’re a kid, your heart is about the same size as your fist, and if you’re an adult, it’s about the same size as two fists.
- Your heart beats about 100,000 times in one day and about 35 million times in a year. During an average lifetime, the human heart will beat more than 2.5 billion times.
- Your body has about 5.6 liters (6 quarts) of blood circulating through the body three times every minute. In one day, the blood travels a total of 12,000 miles -which is roughly four times the distance across the U.S. from coast to coast.
- Your system of blood vessels – arteries, veins and capillaries – is over 60,000 miles long. That’s long enough to go around the world more than twice!
- An adult woman’s heart weighs about eight ounces, a man’s about ten ounces. The aorta, the largest artery in the body, is almost the diameter of a garden hose.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 25, 2017