There are several health myths that we have accepted knowingly or unknowingly in our day to day life.
We don’t bother to check the evidence, data or science behind those misguiding health statements.
In today’s world we get lot of information and conflicting advice from “experts” and it is all easy to mess up our brain.
People who are concerned about health, get confused and give up their healthy habits when they start believing in those incorrect statements because it has come from “reliable source”.
Few Health myths examples that we see people quote during conversations are:
- Swimming after eating gives you cramps (Fact: No, it is not)
- green mucus indicates high infection (Hmm… really?)
- eating chocolate gives acne (Fact: Not for sure)
- natural sugar like honey is better than sugar (Fact: Nope!)
- pregnancy gives mother baby brain and makes dumb! (Really… you think so?)
- you lose 90% of your body heat through your head! (Is that so? How about from feet?)
Next few slides talk about few popular health myths with scientific explanations why they are myths and not facts.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 4, 2018