Your sitting position affects your body. If you are into desk job, then learn how to sit properly. Health of your neck, shoulder and back depends on the way you hold your posture.
- Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don’t reach the floor.
- Don’t cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
- Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
- Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
- Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
- Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 1, 2019