Are you shopping for new sets of cookware? Before buying cookware consider these points-
Choose cookware made from safe, non-toxic materials like carbon steel, ceramic, lava rock, porcelain enamel, or tempered glass.
Cast iron and stainless steel are generally okay. Make sure that they are manufactured from good sources.
For cooking consider:
- Do not cook or store food long periods in aluminum materials
- Do not use badly scratched nonstick and non-coated copper cookware
- Throw away any scratched nonstick materials.
- Do not use nickel coated material if you are allergic to nickel
- Do not store acidic food in tin and stainless material (such as tomato, citrus fruit, rhubarb)
- Do not use glazed ceramic cookware for cooking – they are only for decoration purposes
- Do not use plastic items in the kitchen. Do not recycle plastic in kitchen. Never heat food in plastic containers or wrap food in plastic sheet.
- If you are using silicone material that are flexible, handle it carefully as the hot food might slip from hand.
- Do not use any nonstick materials that are considered carcinogenic to health.
- Check whether materials are dish washer safe.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 29, 2019