For most people it is impossible to run a day without a microwave, cell phone , lap tops or similar gadgets. We are in an era where we seem cannot wait to communicate and we are always in a rush to respond to coworkers, boss, family, friends and others. Well, what most people don’t realize, is that all of these electronic devices are known to emit waves of Electromagnetic field or radiation.
With the increase in number of mobile/ cell phone uses, wireless internet and other devices including the smart grid there is a growing concern about the Electro Magnetic Field’s effect on humans’ health. Lot of studies has been undertaken to understand the effect of EMF on humans and animals.
The known negative health of EMF is:
- Hypersensitivity to EMFs
- Increase in allergies and allergy symptoms
- Potential link to certain cancers
- Reducing the efficacy of certain drugs (such as Tamoxifen, which is used to treat breast cancer)
- Radiation damage
- Long-term DNA fragmentation
People try to convince others that it is a hoax. Question is – is it really a hoax? Unfortunately, no it is not a hoax. Research is overwhelmingly proving that Electromagnetic Radiation emitted from laptop computers, cell phones, and other high-tech devices can be very harmful.
According to Dr. Johansson, Professor at the renowned Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden- exposure to EMFs, which are created by electronic devices, has long-term cumulative effects that go as far as changing our very DNA. An engineer namely Jeromy Johnson, a former Silicon Valley tech employee with a master’s degree in engineering who, himself, began to feel negative impacts from his exposure to wireless radiation. There are hundreds of thousands of people have reported mild to severe symptoms from exposure to EMF sources.
Jeromy’s wife is a medical doctor and both are hardly a duo of conspiracy-inclined paranoiacs. The wakeup call about EMF has come from Jeromy at a time of blanketing the cities with wi-fi in various cities of the world.
How to stay away from EMF?
Avoiding the effects of Electromagnetic Radiation is not easy, as the devices that emit it are virtually everywhere and practically inescapable. There are a couple of important steps one can take into consideration to avoid EMF.
- Instead of microwave -use a traditional toaster oven – Advantage of this is also improved taste of food. While microwave heats the food, we tend to lose the taste. Whereas, traditional oven helps to retain the taste.
- To reduce the effect of EMF, Professor Johansson suggesting to make some major societal changes, like only letting children under the age of 16 use cell phones for emergency calls. The reason is studies show that children are more vulnerable for the EMF effect.
- If you are a laptop user then keep laptop away from your body as much as possible. If not, use laptop defender pad that shields the body from harmful radiations. Use clear shield and cover the laptop screen.
- Try to reduce the power to the source.
- Increase the distance between the EMF source and the body. For example, when you talk over the phone- use hand -free set whenever it is possible. Always use a shield or cover over the phone to reduce its contact with your body. Or use a packet purse to keep your phone.
Whether you want it or not- EMF is there and it is growing like a invisible plague, doing the damage to both humans and the surrounding environment. Most people ignore this effect. Educate yourself and help others to understand this serious matter.
See more about EMF in this video