Human body is like a machine. And, it is a complex machine. There are so many discoveries keeps happening and interesting factors will be revealed by scientists ever now and then.
Tag: Interesting facts about Human body
Apocrine glands, however, are located in targeted areas of the body—the armpits, for example—and they don’t really do much to cool down the body. These glands in the armpit region and groin release oily substances.
Rough surfaces: Arthritic joints make sounds caused by the loss of smooth cartilage and the roughness of the joint surface.
Your heart beats 101,000 times a day. During your lifetime it will beat about three billion times and pump about 800 million pints of blood or about one million barrels -that’s enough to fill more than 3 super tankers.
Not just our finger has unique identify factor, our tongue also has unique prints. Well, no one can use it for “identity print” as it looks ridiculous!
At the age of 15 -18 teenagers brain spurts in the growth. Well, this can explain parents why teens seem to be bundle of emotional loose cannons !!
Human hair follicles go through 3 different growth phases. Anagen – an active growth phase. During this phas the root of the hair divides rapidly and the strand grows at the rate of about 1 cm in 25 days.
The arteries and veins that are connected through series of blood vessels called capillaries.
Know about WeRIndia
- Genetic variants that protect against obesity could aid new weight loss medicines
- After heart attack: Late dinner and no breakfast a killer combination
- Achieving sugar reduction targets could cut child obesity and healthcare costs
- Microbiome science may help doctors deliver more effective, personalized treatment to children with irritable bowel syndrome
- Torn rotator cuff: Everything you need to know
- Low-calorie sweetener derived from lactose gets manufacturing boost from yeast