Apart from exercise, house work, dancing certain foods can help to reduce that extra belly fat. Taking these homemade remedies on appropriate time has additional effect to bring down that stubborn body fat.
- Warm water with lime juice and honey: Morning before breakfast to lukewarm water add 1.5 tsp lime or lemon juice and 2 tsp honey. Mix well and drink for few days. After an hour of drinking this have your regular breakfast.
- Warm water with turmeric powder and lemon juice: Before breakfast- boil a glass of milk with 1 tsp turmeric. Bring down the volume of milk to ¾. Allow it to cool to room temperature. Add 1.5 tsp of lemon juice, mix well and drink. After an hour have your breakfast.
- Warm water, turmeric root and honey: Before breakfast – to one glass of boiling water, add an inch of fresh turmeric root. Allow it to boil for couple of minutes. Allow mix to cool a bit (lukewarm is good) and add 2 tsp honey and drink. Wait for an hour and have breakfast.
- Lemon juice, pepper powder and turmeric powder: Cut one small size fresh lemon and squeeze the juice. Add ¼ tsp pepper powder and ½ tsp turmeric powder. Mix well. Add this to water and drink.
- Lemon juice, pepper powder, turmeric powder and olive oil: To 3 tsp lemon juice, add ¼ pepper powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and ½ tsp olive oil. Consume this after meal.
- Milk, turmeric powder, honey: To half glass milk add half glass water and boil. While boiling milk add 1 tsp turmeric powder. Continue boiling for another 1 min and turn off the heat. Add 2 tsp honey and drink.
Include these foods in your diet:
- Lemon juice and turmeric: 1 or 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp turmeric in your daily food. – add it to salad or curry.
- Lemon juice, turmeric and carrot: To 1 cup grated carrot, add 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp turmeric. Add little salt and have this with meal.
- Turmeric, ginger, lemon juice and honey: Grate one inch ginger and 1 inch turmeric root ( if not ½ tsp turmeric powder is sufficient). Add 2 tsp lemon juice and 2 tsp honey. Mix well and keep it aside for half an hour. Consume this with your regular food or in between your food breaks.
Curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory property and it acts on fat cells. Lemon juice contains vitamin C and antioxidants. It reduces dehydration of body and keeps cells in good condition. When we intake lemon juice and turmeric our metabolic rate increases. Increase in metabolism means reduction in fat accumulation and liver will be active too.
Precautions: Drinking or consuming lemon juice for longer period results in acid reflux/acidity. Similarly consuming turmeric root can results in nausea.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 5, 2018