“Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.” By– Anne Wilson Schaef
According to WHO – Health is defined as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” The main determinants of health include the social and economic environment, the physical environment and the person’s individual characteristics and behaviors.
Now-a-days, people mostly run after success, fame and money and ignore their health. They are trying to build a better future by making more and more money. But is there any future without good health? What would one do with a mountain of money when their bodies are not healthy enough to enjoy it?
We must give priority to our health and happiness too. Achieving and maintaining good health is not a difficult task, it only requires a little planning and some initial effort.
Here are few tips to remain healthy –
- The right diet – Try to consume nutritious food at least two times per day. Don’t eat food while watching television. Try to have a proper breakfast and a light dinner!
- Physical Exercise – Give minimum one hour to workout in your daily routine. Better to play an outdoor game or join a club.
- Take time to enjoy – Give sometime for yourself in your daily life. Do those things which really make you happy and bring a smile on your face. It will keep you fresh throughout your life.
- Participate and share interests – Always make others feel your presence while you are in a crowd. Take participation in conversations and share your interest with others. Try to find out the people with common interests so that you can explore yourself in that.
- Challenge yourself – To keep yourself active, look out for new challenges. Analyze your weak and strong points and then focus on your strong points to take up appropriate challenges.
- Deal with stress – The most common problem every people have in their life is “stress”. Instead of hiding from or ignoring your problems, face them and deal with it like a warrior. Nothing relieves anxiety faster than action!
- Adopt some holistic living teachings – Try doing 5 minute meditations a few times a week, if not daily. This really has a long lasting impact on overall health of an individual.
You can even try Yoga. Yoga is a proper scientifically designed holistic living tool to help you stay mentally and physically balanced.
EFT (emotional freedom technique) is a simple technique to remove blockages from one’s system and improve energy flow within. There are also other tools which help one to improve your well-being.
To learn more about how to live an empowered, satisfying and enriching life, or if you have any nagging concerns related to your health, emotional well-being, and/or physical well-being, visit The Silver Lining to receive some free online written guidance from some of the best holistic healthcare experts. You can also explore, discover, and schedule a session with a holistic living practitioner of your choice.
Let us all take a pledge to live a balanced and healthy life because running after wealth without having good health is never going to bring you the happiness that you long for. It is like having a car but no fuel, a house but no family and a body…..but no life force.
Posted by: Awnish Todi
Author Bio – I am a B. Tech graduate. I am currently living in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. I am part of a venture, The Silver Lining which is an online well-being improvement discovery platform. I am passionate about helping people live a better life and my hobbies include reading books, playing football and surfing.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 28, 2015