One of the most excellent ways for soothing your body and mind is doing yoga. People often practice yoga for their peace of mind and health. Yoga will make you relaxed and calm and also aids in giving your body a protection from different diseases. Here I will share with you about the yoga poses that aid in relaxing your body.
Adho mukha śvānāsana or Downward-Facing Dog Position
- First, stand straight on your yoga mat and next keep the head erect.
- Then, keep the hand on either side of your body.
- When you breathe normally stretch the arms and bend forward.
- Now put your palms on your mat at hip width.
- After this, stretch the legs backwards to keep your body balance on your hands and toes.
- Your legs plus hands have to be in line alongside each other.
- Now deeply inhale and then bring the head down toward gaze at the ground.
- Tuck the spine inwards towards the spine.
- Keep the inverted V position for around 30 seconds or until a tingling sensation appears in your abdominal muscles.
- Finally, exhale deeply and return to the starting position.
Balasana Or Child’s Pose
- First, sit on the knees in Vajrasana. Allow your hands to rest on your thighs.
- When you breathe normally stretch the hands parallel to the ground.
- Now inhale and bring the body forward toward touch the ground with your forehead.
- Then, breathe normally and hold this pose for around 15 to 30 seconds. After this, exhale and return to the first position.
- Repeat this three to five times.
Adhavasana Or Reverse Corpse Pose
- The first step is to lie in the prone position on your yoga mat. Your abdomen should be touched the ground.
- Now place the arms beneath the forehead like one pillow and rest the head on the arms.
- Then, stretch the legs backwards absolutely but comfortably.
- After this, close your eyes and focus on your breathing when you relax completely.
Dradhasana Or Firm Pose
- Start this pose by lying on the right side of the body on one yoga mat and completely relaxing the body.
- Then, rest the head on the right arm and hold the left leg on top the right leg.
- Normally breathe as you close the eyes. Then, stretch the body and get relaxed.
- After this, keep the spine straight and hold this position until a feeling of weightless appears.
- Now roll over and return to the corpse position. Finally, relax your body.
Padmasana Or Lotus Pose
- Sit cross-legged on your yoga mat
- Allow your left foot to rest on your right thigh as well as vice versa and keep the spine erect.
- Now keep the hands in Gyan mudra on the thighs.
- Then, close your eyes and hold this position for a minimum of 30 minutes, and deeply inhale and exhale.
- If you’re suffering from the knee injury, don’t attempt this pose.
Marjariasana Or Cat Pose
- Begin this pose by kneeling on your yoga mat with the knees beneath your hips, your head straight as well as the palms beneath your shoulders.
- Slightly push your head backward when you take one deep breath.
- Now raise your chin and lift your tailbone.
- Then, tuck the tummy inwards as much as you can, so that it will come closer to your spine.
- Keep your buttocks tight till a tingling sensation appears.
- Take deep breathes and hold this position for around 15 to 30 seconds.
- Deeply exhale and relax the chin, so that it will touch your chest.
- After this, relax the buttocks and now bend the spine to the floor.
- Keep the gaze fixed on the ground.
- Hold this pose for around 15 to 30 seconds and thereafter return to the initial position.
Shavasana Or Corpse Pose
- Start this pose by lying in one supine position on your yoga mat and closing your eyes.
- Then, completely relax your body so that it will look lifeless.
- After this, focus on fully every breath taking in and giving out.
- Hold this position till a feeling of weightless appears.
In conclusion, follow the above-mentioned yoga poses to relieve stress fast. If you know any other yoga poses for stress relief, share your thoughts in the comment box.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: July 20, 2016